DAKOTA NATION GAMING ENTERPRISE TEMPORARY CLOSURE
Dakota Nation Gaming Enterprise’s (DNGE) entities Dakota Magic Casino & Hotel, Dakota Connection Bingo & Casino and Dakota Sioux Casino & Hotel will close temporarily beginning at noon on Sunday March 22, 2020 until further notice. As always, the most important priority is the safety and well-being of our patrons and team members. We will continue to reevaluate the situation and an update will be issued and posted on each of the entity’s Facebook pages.
We have determined it is in the best interest of our team members and patrons to temporarily close. Additionally, we will continue to follow guidance from state, federal and tribal health officials.
At this time, there have been no reported cases of COVID-19 at any of our DNGE properties.
While this is a difficult decision for our Sisseton Wahpeton Oyate Tribal Administration and DNGE, this public health concern requires the collective cooperation of our entire community. We look forward to resuming operations when we determine it is safe to do so. We want to thank our team members and patrons for their patience and understanding. We look forward to welcoming everyone back when we resume operations.
Tuesday, March 18, 2020:
Due to the current situation concerning COVID-19 and for safety of our patrons, employees, and their families, we are making the following changes:
Monday – Sunday will be open 12 noon to 12 midnight Deli – will be open 12 noon to 12 midnight Service Bar will be closed until further notice. Bands have been canceled for 2 weeks in the Lounge.
Monday – Thursday 2pm – 12 midnight Friday and Saturday 12 noon – 2am Sunday 12 noon to 12 midnight.
Monday – Thursday 8am – 10pm Friday – Saturday – Sunday 8am to 12 midnight
Horseshoe tournament that was schedule for this week-end March 19th – March 22nd has been canceled.
Closed until further notice.
All Promotions have been postponed until further notice.
All buses are canceled.
DAKOTA WINDS CLUBHOUSE:
Dakota Winds Clubhouse closed Tuesday, March 17 through Thursday, March 19 for deep cleaning.
Casino closed Tuesday – Wednesday – Thursday at 12 midnight to 8am. For deep cleaning.
Friday, March 13, 2020:
Like so many, we have spent the last several days and weeks learning about the coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it is impacting our lives. We appreciate the trust you place in us every time you visit Dakota Magic Casino & Hotel, and we would like to take this opportunity to share with you the additional measures we are collectively taking to keep you, our valued-Player and Guest, our Team Members, and our Community at large safe. This is our #1 priority and is at the center of our conversations every step of the way.
Additional Actions We Are Taking at Dakota Magic Casino & Hotel
- We are actively and closely monitoring the situation and guidance being provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other federal agencies to ensure our actions are aligned with measures being taken on a broader scale. We are also coordinating with our local departments of health and county health organizations, to ensure we are aware of current developments, and local departments of health have been supportive of the proactive measures we have taken thus far.
- We have employees on every shift around the clock dedicated to the sole function of cleaning and disinfecting all dials, buttons, railings and other surfaces, plus staff in every restaurant are scrubbing menus, tables and check presenters.
- We have reiterated specific instructions with our Team Members on the importance of washing their hands and staying home if they have a fever and/or feel sick. Additionally, all Team Members have been instructed to leave the workplace if they become ill during their shift.
Guests at our property will find extra supplies of sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizing soap throughout the casino and hotel in easily accessible locations.
Preventative Measures You Can Take
As a guest, there are a few additional steps that you can also take to help safeguard against the spread of any illness.
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with hot water, for at least 20 seconds
- If using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer, make sure it contains at least 60% alcohol content
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth, eyes and other areas of your face
- Avoid shaking hands or making unnecessary contact when greeting people at this time
- If you are sick, avoid traveling and stay home
For more detailed information about COVID-19, how it spreads, and prevention and treatment visit: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about
For decades, we have excelled in the business of entertainment and hospitality. This includes the prioritization of health and safety as our top concern. You can be confident in the operational ability and professionalism of our highly trained Team Members, as well as the processes for serving millions of Guests that we have honed through the years. Thank you for your loyalty and patronage.